Stroke is the fifth most common cause of death in the US and the leading cause for long-term adult disability worldwide. Almost 800,000 people suffer from a stroke every year in the U.S. NeuroX’s telestroke team uses SmartClinix’s interactive videoconferencing technologies, specifically for the treatment of patients with acute stroke. NeuroX uses a remotely based stroke team with a stroke physician at a distant site networked with the remote stroke patient at an originating site. We can provide services for acute stroke patients in a variety of settings, including, but not limited to emergency departments, intensive care units, and medical and surgical floors, and also mobile stroke units which do not have access to on-site stroke physician services. NeuroX’s telestroke services are designed to augment local services that are not immediately available at a local site. Our main focus is to take care of acute stroke patients, however, our telestroke and teleneurology team also offers a wide variety of additional services from primary and secondary stroke prevention, remote patient monitoring, and stroke support groups
NeuroX’s telestroke services help with:
- Evidence based stroke care according to the American Heart Asociation and American Stroke Association guidelines with the best patient out comes and other quality measures
- Reduction in door to needle time and door to puncture time for patients who need neurointervention – “Time is brain”, every single second counts in stroke care. Every minute with a blockage of large blood vessel in the brain causing ischemic stroke there is a loss of 1.9 million neurons.
- Significant increase in stroke patients receiving thrombolytic therapy (IV t-PA or TNK)
- Reduction in length of stay in stroke patients
- Stroke center certification, Primary Stroke Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Thrombectomy-Capable Stroke Center and Acute Stroke Ready Hospital